Tuesday, February 3, 2009

This past week and then some

This past week and a half I have had shingles. They are a form of chicken pox. SO NOT FUN! I haven't been able to work out. For the most part I have still been following my food plan. But to say I am discouraged or frustrated is an understatement.

For one - Dan was supposed to get to come home early. Because the shingles are a form of chicken pox, and Zach can not be vaccinated until he is 1 years old....I was told by the DR to limit my contact with my newborn! HA! Also, they put me on 3 antibiotics(one makes me dizzy) and percocet for the pain. This lovely pharmaceutical mixture makes me un-able to drive and care for my kids. So, originally Dan was approved for emergency leave, but was told he would have to return to the sandbox after he had helped me. Then he was approved for an early return and that somehow also fell through. So, THANK HEAVENS for the wonderful women in my church and here on base. They saved me. Taking the boys and allowing me to take my pain meds, grocery shopping, giving me rides, and bringing dinner. I am filled with so much gratitude at the help we have received while Dan has been gone.

For two - I honestly feel like ANYTIME I try and do something for myself, or better my body something happens that knocks down my ambition. And that my friend is quite frustrating. I find it so ironic that my post before this one was all about how proud I was of myself to have gone to the gym 6 days in a row. I guess someone is trying to humble me.....well it worked.

The good news is that I think I have managed to keep off the weight I have lost so far. And I will be starting back to the gym in a few days. My shingles are just about gone. And the pain is 99% gone. Also, my wonderful husband will be returning home for good rather soon. And that makes me happier than I can express in words.

So here's to staying healthy...and working out like crazy until the hubby returns! ;)

No comments: