Thursday, June 14, 2007

Wednesday's breezy work out

So today's work out was a piece of cake. But it sure didn't start out that way! I arrived to the gym only to realize that my IPOD would not turn on. The battery was dead. So this in itself was almost enough to have me turn around and walk out of the gym and head right back home. But I am a changed woman! I decided to stay and work out anyways. And my body loved every minute of it. ( This is one of the reasons I can't wait to get back to Utah where my Golds Gym membership(paid for but on hold) is anxiously waiting for me! For now I will be totally fine using our free military gym. )

Another obstacle was that every treadmill and elliptical machine was being used. I then decided to grab the step aerobics class that was about to start. But every step was being used! I did not give up though!!! I thought maybe I would ride the bike for a warm up, stretch, then see if someone got off the elliptical. And they did! And this is how it went.........

I started off with riding the bike through a 5 minute fitness test. Remember I took that a few days ago? Well, I have improved. I went from a score of Poor to Below Normal...so okay I guess? I still don't know how that bike gages fitness? I then stretched for 10 minutes, while watching the elliptical like a hawk. Then when someone started to look at it....I hopped on! ;)

So then I did the elliptical machine. I set it for 30 minutes and decided I would try my best to stay on the entire time. And guess what? I did it! My feet at one time did start to get tingly and fall asleep. I think that's just part of working out on the elliptical? But, besides that I had such a great work out! And I would have went for 30 more minutes had I not had Dan's work dinner to get to. My lungs did not burn one time. (I really focused on my breathing.) My legs did not die. By golly I think I am actually getting into shape.......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

okay, so my right foot likes to fall asleep on the elliptical too! I thought I was either doing it wrong or just really out of shape!