Monday, March 24, 2008

I'm still trying though....

* First of all - HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAN!!!!*

Now on to my thoughts -
Lately with being pregnant, on vacation at my Mom's house, birthday's, and holiday time; I am finding it harder and harder to be good and not choose the UN-healthy food.

But now that mostly all the birthdays and holidays are behind me, I am starting fresh today! I woke up and had raisin bran with skim milk and a large glass of water. It is not following the trainer food guide exactly to the tee. But I still feel like I am making the healthiest choices that I can here at my Mom's house. I am giving the rest of the jelly beans and Cadberry mini eggs to my Mom. She insists that she has the self control to not eat the whole bag in one sitting. I say good for her and more power to her. I am not that way and the thing is.......those type of foods have really not been tasting good anyways. I have just been eating them out of habit or boredom. So the key is to just get them out of my sight.

So let's see if I can stick to cutting out the candy, eating moderate portions of healthy food, and start drinking more water!

2 comments:

Adele said...

Go Leah! Good luck. Let me know if you need extra encouragement. You've given me a lot, so I'm happy to reciprocate. Love you :) Also, eating healthy is an overall sort of thing, not an all or nothing. Just because they're not the 'best' things to be eating doesn't mean it's not good! As long as you're doing the right things most of the time, the occasional holiday treat doesn't matter. And giving yourself permission to have that occasional (I stress the word occasional) treat means that you don't feel guilty about it, and thus don't throw everything you've accomplished away. So, continue to make the best choices available, and don't stress it! :) Besides . . . stress is counter productive to weight loss.

Miss Megan said...

I am totally the same way. If there is a package of Oreo's in the house, I pour myself a glass of milk, sit down with Oprah, and before you know it I'm saying to myself, "SOMEONE JUST ATE ALL MY COOKIES?!" Yeah, I have no self-control (Mike does however), and it drives me nuts. Give me chocolate or give me death!