Sunday, April 27, 2008

The one thing I am trying to work on this week ~

I am working on being as good as I can be for me right now.

I am 3 months pregnant and I am down 3 pounds from the New York vacation. I do not encourage or promote weight loss during pregnancy! Any DR will tell you the exact opposite. However it is normal and okay to lose a few pounds in the first trimester when you add in the severe nauseousness that accompanies it. And even though this baby is doing nothing to my stomach compared to Benjamin's pregnancy(15 pound loss in 3 months). I have still been pretty nauseous with loss of appetite.

Pregnancy forces me to have small portion meals, every 2-3 hours. And I am going to really try and carry that through to post-pregnancy. In the past that is my major downfall. Starving self by not eating, then gorging down on anything in site and lots of it. So at least one of my goals(small portion meals) is being reached right now. :)

Now especially at this time, I really need to make every calorie count that I put into my body. I am not obsessing about it. Just trying my best to get in the fresh fruits and veggies in every day. And eat whole wheat grains as opposed to whites. I have been eating a lot of cereal. I just do this when I am pregnant. I can't tolerate real milk when not carrying a baby. But, when I am pregnant.........look out cereal aisle! I have been sticking to whole grains and good fiber filled cereal.

So yes, once in awhile I order that pizza or make that batch of cookies. But for the most part, I am really trying to just make every calorie count that goes in to my body. :) What one thing are you working on this week? Share!

3 comments:

Englishfam said...

One thing I am working on is eating a healthy breakfast shortly after I wake up. If I don't I get distracted with my day and don't end up eating until like 10 o'clock. Which by then I am starving and eat crappy. Also to remind myself that food is fuel and to put things in my body that will make me stonger and healthier. Thanks for the reminder!

Adele said...

I'm working on being consistent with my exercise. I'm good about going for a long run every once in a while, but not so good about going for a run every day (or every other day). So that's what I'm working on.

Tammy and Trevor said...

I am working on breaking the night time snacking! I have realized that it is truly just a habit and that I am not really hungry. Now, if I am going to snack, I use it as a opportunity to get in another fruit or veggie serving.