Monday, May 19, 2008

Remind me when I pop this thing out............

When I pop the baby out and get back to a more routine work out schedule and stricter diet........ I really want to read the book "You on a diet" by Dr Oz and focus on eating from that book.

I have always loved Dr OZ. I think it's great that he is trying to get the people of America to be healthier...not skinnier....but healthier. He measures your waist size not your weight. I have learned so much from him so far as I read about his theories in healthier living.

I was just organizing my computer desk piles. I have a big stack of papers on what to eat and what not to eat and how to exercise. I am always ripping things out of magazines. I always have different ideas of how I am going to get down to my "goal size". I need to remind myself from time to time that it's not about how you do it. Just pick one and do it. And do it the right way! And I really think following the You on a diet plan will work for me as a permanent health solution in my life. Which is my ultimate goal. Not a quick fix like I've done before in my life. But a permanent solution for life!

Okay back to organizing the tornado known as my desk.

Anyone else a fan of Dr Oz like myself?

3 comments:

Tammy and Trevor said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tammy and Trevor said...

I love Dr. Oz... and You on a Diet is great! It's fun and easy to read. And after you read a section, you'll find yourself saying, "Well, of course! That makes perfect sense!" I have been following the suggested diet (along with the one in The Sugar Solution) and have noticed a big difference in my energy and my appetite. I rarely feel 'hungry' now. Plus, I have such a sensitive stomach that it has been great to figure out what to eat and when so that I do not end up with pain and discomfort. If you get the time, start reading it now. There's a lot of great info before you even get to the meal plan portion!

Englishfam said...

I think Dr. Oz is the greatest! He is really good at explaining things without you feeling like it goes way over your head. I would also like to read this book...