Saturday, January 10, 2009

5 down, 84 to go

I weighed myself yesterday and and I have lost 5 pounds. I was really proud of myself. I have a lot of weight to lose to be at a healthy BMI. But, I know I can do it! And, I am doing it the healthy way. So in the end it will stay off! It might take longer to come off than a low carb diet or a no sugar diet. But, I am not depriving myself. And most importantly....................................
I am not on a diet, I am changing my life. (This quote came from a man who was on the Oprah show.) When I heard him say it. I thought, that is my new mantra!

Proud moments this past week:
*Losing 5 pounds
*I was invited by a spouse in my husbands unit to eat dinner at the Village Inn. I had never been there before. And this would be my first sit down restaurant since starting my healthy lifestyle change. I looked online the day before and researched the healthiest option on the menu. I got a grilled chicken salad. And then Ben and I took a piece of pie home and split it. I was proud of myself for ordering the salad.
* Went to the gym 4 times this week and improved my calories burned each time.
* Today at a church function that had food, I ate a big salad, half a baked potato, chili, and half a slice of pie. I threw the roll, rest of the potato, and rest of the pie away. I did not finish eating them because I was full.

Ways to improve next week:
*Get better at sticking to meal plan for the day.
*Get better at recording food I eat, so I know how many calories I am eating vs burning.
*Prepare food ahead of time so I am not too busy to eat. This leads to starving and eating too much at next meal.
* Remember the great advice that a delicious meal is just a few hours away. I don't have to stuff myself at one meal. Stop eating when full.

3 comments:

Tammy and Trevor said...

What a great week for you, Leah! You made great, tough choices too. I also find it a challenge to stick to the meals I have planned throughout the day and the week. Trevor is in Arizona right now, but when he gets home we are pledging to go 30 days without eating out! Yikes! I am excited to see how much of a differnce it makes in our bodies and in our bank account! Keep up the good work.

Englishfam said...

5 pounds!! WOW! I am so glad that the scale was kind and rewarded you for all of your efforts. You are amazing. Way to look up the healthiest option on the menu, you are my new hero! :)

Coila said...

Hey, nicely done, Leah! Sounds like you're doing great with your diet and doing it for all the right reasons. Best of luck to you!