Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Weighing in

I am feeling good. Even though it was blizzarding and 7:00pm at night......last night I packed up the boys and made it to the gym!!! I had a moment on the treadmill where I made it past the pain, shortness of breathe, and burning of the lungs and it felt good to be running. I burned 301 calories in 30 minutes. So I was pretty excited that my calories burned are going up! :)

I am measuring and weighing the food that goes into my body. I am eating fruits, veggies, protein, and fiber rich foods. I am getting in at least 64 oz of water a day. It has only been 1 week today and I feel so much better already. I am still pretty exhausted. But I am currently taking care of the house, newborn, and toddler on my own right now. So I think exhaustion is to be expected. And the exhaustion usually doesn't hit me until about 10 at night. So yah for healthy eating! My healthy dinner last night was a bean burrito on a multi grain tortilla with 1 oz of cheddar cheese and a little cholula hot sauce. It was nice to be full after 1 bean burrito. And I listened to my body and stopped eating.

Today is weigh in day. I am nervous. I don't want to see the same number as one week ago and get frustrated. I will try to remember a few things:
1. I made a conscious effort to slowly get back into the swing. Nothing is instant. Be patient.
2.. Only 2 days ago did I get strict on the measuring of food.
3. This past week I made it to the gym 3 times. So be proud of that and don't give up!
4. My clothes are fitting looser and are more comfortable.
5. The most important - no matter what the scale says, I am feeling better physically and mentally. I told my friend the other day that I feel like the old Leah again.

1 comment:

Tammy and Trevor said...

Leah, I am so proud of you! Feeling good is the best motivation there is! Remember to celebrate your successes, because we all "fall of the wagon" from time to time.