Saturday, January 3, 2009

Made it to the gym!!!

I did 20 minutes on the bike and 18 minutes on the treadmill. Last time at the gym I ran for a straight 2 minutes. Today I bumped that up by 30 seconds and ran for 2 1/2 straight minutes. I am raising it by 30 seconds each time. Does anyone have any suggestions or feed back about this?

My shins are killing me. I need to go buy those Christmas present running shoes!!!

So that is a total this week of 3 days at the gym! Not bad for a nice slow start while getting back into the swing of things! Way to start off the New Year!!!

What are your most recent accomplishments towards health?

3 comments:

Englishfam said...

Shin splints can be from bad shoes or they can be from running too fast. How fast were you going? Way to go on the awesome workout. The running thing is EXACTLY what I did when I started training right after I had preston. I looked on the Hal Higdon website and that was his advice was to run for 30 sec. then walk for 30 sec. until you can build up to 1 min run then 30 sec walk. etc. It is so crazy to me that I could only run for thirty seconds without getting winded only 2 years ago. Today I ran 12 miles. I'm telling you Leah, you can do anything if you put your mind to it!

Englishfam said...

P.s. Can I just say how happy the Gap Girls clip makes me?? I laugh every time I see it!

Adhis said...

You can also prevent shin splints by strengthening your leg muscles so that your entire leg can endure for the whole run, instead of your legs having to depend on a few muscles.