Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Back after a short hiatus

After a short"hiatus" I am back! Here is a brief run down of how the past 5 days have gone.


*Friday - Breakfast - healthy, 2:30pm - Quizno's salads as a family on the way to the game. Then Dan and I had a date night and saw Fantastic 4 #2!!! My dinner for the night was a strawberry Iceeee and popcorn. I know...so healthy right?


*Saturday - Skipped breakfast. Evening - Went to military theatre and attempted to watch Spiderman 3 with Ben. We left early, but we still ate the un-healthy food. Had dinner at theatre. There were no healthy options. I had a hot dog, diet coke, some popcorn, few tiny butter finger bites, a few nachos. Definitely not my finest moment in healthy eating. This tiny military theatre didn't even have Iceee's. But everything was super cheap. Tickets for example were only $3.50! And Ben of course was free.

*Sunday - Happy Fathers day! Made a mostly healthy brunch. I made french toast kabobs. I also made smoothies out of frozen fruit, plain fat free yogurt, and a tiny bit of apple juice. Also on the table was strawberry/tangerine Crystal Light.

Then we came home from church. Dan and Ben grilled us up some steak!! Yummy!

We rarely eat red meat. It was pretty darn tasty though with the grilled Cajun rub Dan had put on it! Besides steak, I had half a baked sweet potato, 1 piece of corn on the cob, and a piece of french bread. ~Oh yah I almost forgot! We invited our upstairs neighbor Kevin and his little girl(whom I baby sit) over for dinner while Connie(the Mom) is gone to Army training. Kevin brought over the best guacamole I have EVER tasted! It went so fast we didn't even get pictures. But guess what??? I got the secret recipe!!! That was one yummy appetizer!
*Monday( not my healthiest) - Flew by - breakfast - healthy total cereal with blueberries and skim milk. Lunch -while running errands - bean burrito with sour cream and diet coke from Taco Smell. Dinner - while at Dan's softball game - one slice of cheese pizza, watermelon, water. Then after the game Dan wanted a taco. I ordered a nacho just out of habit. I over ate. I regreted it big time. I was not even hungry!
* Tuesday - Doing great! Will post separately for today's healthy meals.

3 comments:

Englishfam said...

I want those french toast kabobs! Happy to see you back blogging again!Keep up the good work!

Cross Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cross Family said...

What great kabobs. YUMMY!!! I am going to take your idea and do it some day. I already have the those red plates so I am half way there.