Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Tuesday's meals and feelings (because for me the two go hand in hand)

After having a splurge all weekend I have decided that meal planning is a NECESSITY! At least for right now. The weekend is the time for me to go off the meal plan and try and choose healthy options. But the weekend rolled into Monday and I am really down on myself. I ate so much garbage these past few days. Only 1 way to pick myself up. KEEP GOING! This is really hard for me. Because I am doing it the "healthy" way, it is a slow process. And even though my arms were feeling toner, face felt thinner, and my derriere' felt higher....I feel like all my progress went out the door with the bad food choices and not exercising. But instead of staying in that frame of mind, I am going to switch gears.


Look at the positive and what works for me -

* Eating healthy breakfast, vitamins, and water right after I wake up. This helps me not skip meals which leads to overeating and choosing garbage.

* Getting on computer less for pleasure(aka:People.com) and more for journal feelings and track eating.

* Following meal plan or healthy meal ideas from Women's Health

* When at grocery store, stick to list and healthy options. Stop buying Chips(even though they are baked lays and multi grain tortilla chips)

* Pat yourself on the back for only having soda two times in 5 days. Pat yourself on back for choosing Icee and popcorn instead of nachos and chocolate candy on Friday night.

* Get off your tush and get active!


Food Log for Tuesday -Following (for the most part)week 1 booty camp day 1 meals

*Breakfast - Cinn weight control instant oatmeal, 1 cup of mixed berries (blueberries, raspberries, boysenberries), handful of chopped pecans, 1/4 cup of light soy milk. Water and vitamins.


*Snack and Lunch together - 1/2 cup of cottage cheese sprinkled cinnamon; 4 C mixed salad greens, 4 oz chx from can, 1/2 sliced up avocado; 1 TSP lemon juice and 2 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil mixed together to make salad dressing; 1 orange sliced up


Snack - 1 scoop of protein powder, 8 oz light plain soy milk

Snack - multi grain tortilla chips and homemade guacamole with Roma tomatoes and white onions in it.

Munchies - skinny cow caramel cone

After these snacks, I went and did an intense cardio workout with hills. Then off to Dan's softball game. When we finally got home it was 9:30pm and I just wasn't hungry. I really haven't had an appetite lately. Hmmmm......

EDIT: Had a handful of baby carrots, 3 wasa crackers spread with light cream cheese and raisins, 5 pieces of fat free licorice.

2 comments:

Englishfam said...

I have been doing fantastic with my training, I am really proud of myself! On Saturday are my long runs and I had to run 4 miles. I was really unsure that I could do it. I ran outside which I usually don't because it is just not possible with two kids but James is home to watch them on Saturdays. Anyway my road goes in a loop so I ran around it six times hoping that it was four miles (I guesstimated with the songs on my ipod) Later I went with my car and clocked it and it was 4.8 miles!! I was so proud of myself! I couldn't believe it. As for eating that is another story. I am burning so much from running that I am always hungry so I eat crappy snacks. Eating healthy is so hard!! I start out great at breakfast and by dinner it is all over! You are not alone my friend! I am proud of you for not quitting and getting down on yourself. Keep positive, things don't change overnight! You are awesome!

Anonymous said...

Hi Leah!
I didn't work out much last week, but I went yesterday for an hour! and did the elliptical and weight machines, then only got 6 min. on the treadmill b/c Emily was ready to go. It felt really good! And I'm excited that I finally figured out how those confusing weight machines work, because I am going for totally buff arms so I can carry Emily longer. I am so impressed with all your great food choices by the way!!
Love ya!
Heidi