Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Oprah

So I was flipping channels during my "me" time one day.

"Me" time is 1 hour a day that Dan allows me to make sure I am completely focused off of children and housework! It's great! I usually use this time to catch up with homework, blogging, gym, or like today, just put my feet up and think about NOTHING!

So I stopped the flipping of channels and there was Oprah. If by some miracle I have a chance during the day to watch Oprah, I try and seize the moment to watch it. Lately I have found her show very informative and educational. And I love that I am actually learning something while watching the TV. In the past few months, I have especially loved watching The Debt Diet series and Dr OZ. And a few days ago Bob Greene was on the show. I only caught the last few minutes. But that short time of watching had a huge affect on me. He was talking about his Best Life Diet and some recipes that go with it.

I realized that many of the recipes he was talking about, were many that I already made or had known about. He went down a list of food that were really healthy to eat. He mentioned soy milk, Wasa crackers, light yoplait yogurt, Barilla whole wheat Pastas, and so on....and I thought to myself..check check check....... So after realizing that I have mostly all of the foods on this "best life diet" I might as well read more about it and maybe try a few ideas off of his list. What the hay maybe I'll even check out his book from the library. And I really do hate the word diet. But this is not that. It is healthy living. And it slowly helps you become a healthier eater and a more active person. And don't we all need that? :) So read along with me if you'd like. I'm going to be inserting links to the right from Bob Greene. I like his attitude.

PS When I become a famous country singer, I am going to hire Dr Oz and Bob Greene.

1 comment:

Miss Megan said...

I LOVE Oprah. Thanks for posting this!