Friday, June 22, 2007

Friday!!!

So I am very happy to say that I stopped eating 2 hours before I went to bed last night! Yah for me! Dan and I also worked out yesterday at his work gym before heading to date night. And at the movie, I resisted getting nachos and chocolate! I chose the healthiest options there. Diet coke, hot dog, and popcorn. And we brought hot tamales and licorice that I had been saving for movie night! I usually would get down on myself about the soda and hot dog for dinner, but I was actually happy. I could of skipped the gym, so I had time to make dinner before date night. But I really felt that working out was needed for me. So YAH for me!

So here is today's food log -

Breakfast - Cinn weight control oatmeal, fresh cut up strawberries, sprinkled cinnamon, raisins; water; vitamins. Side note - I would not suggest mixing the strawberries into that mix. It tasted weird.

Snack - Kashi chewy granola bar

Lunch - 3 multi grain WASA crackers with light laughing cow cheese spread, tomato slice, and turkey breast slice; 2 whole wheat tortillas sprinkled with cheese

Snack - Protein shake with 8 oz light plain soy milk

Dinner - whole wheat organic linguine noodles with citrus shrimp, I sprinkled the pasta and shrimp with a tiny handful of shredded mozzarella cheese, also had edamames before and with dinner, and of course.....WATER!!!

Snack - munched on some edamame's and crystal light tangerine/strawberry flavor

Snack - Creamy chocolate banana ice treat!!! Taste delicious!

** Exercise and feelin good**

Dan left tonight to help out some people from our church. I found myself alone with Ben and just wanting to order pizza and watch a movie with Ben. But, I did not to do that. Oh no, I got my tushy in gear. What is my main motivator at the moment? *July 20th and singing in the Colgate country showdown. I've gotta feel confident not only in my singing but in my jeans. ;) wink wink Seriously though....I am proud of myself. I clicked on the link to the right of my page that says 10 ingredients and 40 recipes. I had went grocery shopping with that list last week. I am just now getting around to cooking a meal from it. I found a citrus shrimp recipe that sounded delicious. So while the shrimp was marinating, I grabbed Ben and the jogging stroller and off we went. We live on a steep hill. It is my main reason for not getting out more. But this time I did it! And I came home sweating like a pig(it felt great), made some yummy wholesome dinner food while listening to my I-pod in the I-home set to my "relax and unwind" play list(aka: Norah Jones, Andre Bocelli, John Mayer), ate a nice quiet meal with Ben, put Ben to bed, cleaned up the house, jumped in the shower, and still had energy to greet Dan with a smile. :) Yah for me! It's a good day today!

No comments: