Thursday, June 21, 2007

Honest thoughts

Why is night time such a hard time for me??? The days that I do not work out I definitely notice a difference in my will power to resist late snacking and other splurges. Last night was one of those nights.

I am going to write this down because I am not perfect, and I know others are reading this that can relate. And it helps to know that we all crumble once in a while. And like many know that is okay. Just get right back up. Well that's what I did. I am back up now. But last night was a different story.

For the third night in row, Dan had a softball game. Last night was his last softball game of the season and the team would have had to forfeit if Dan didn't play. He helped clean the house earlier, and even made dinner. (He is so helpful softball game night) He even let me take a 3 hr nap when he got home from work, while he watched Ben and Lily(little girl I baby sit). So after he also helped put Ben down to sleep, I figured the least I could give him was a guys softball game night. Ben and I stayed home because we had kept Ben up the last 2 nights for late games, and figured he was worn out by then. So Ben went to sleep. I stayed home and popped in a chick flick and grabbed some crystal light pink lemonade and baked lays and relaxed. I went and got some licorice half way through the movie since I was munchy. And also had another mint flavored skinny cow ice cream treat. Then Dan got home and he decided he was hungry. I said I was too. And we made grilled cheese sandwiches on multi grain bread. I added tomato's and white onions to mine since that is what I was craving. But man that sandwich didn't satisfy me. Yes, I was stuffed by that point. But I was still munchy. I stopped though. I talked to Dan for awhile then passed out asleep.

I just don't know what is going on though with my energy. I was dead exhausted yesterday. I can never nap in the afternoon. But I did just that yesterday afternoon for 3 hours people!!! And when I woke up it was dinner time and Dan said I just looked like I wasn't feeling good. But after I ate dinner I got most of my energy back. But then my energy was drained again. So I ate some chips and lemonade, energy back. This continued and every time I ate, I would get my energy back. Hmmmm....

All I know is I am not eating healthy at night. And I have not been stopping my eating 2 hours before bedtime. So those are the two things I am going to work on this week. Healthier snacking and stopping eating 2 hours before bedtime. Oh yah - and getting to bed earlier!

No comments: