Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Meals day 2

I am really proud of myself...for the most part.....

Breakfast: Smoothie: 3/4 C plain fat free yogurt, 1/2 C frozen mixed berries, 1/2 medium banana, and 2 TBSP ground flax seed. I followed this all except the flax seed. (Can not find it on the island.)

Snack: 10 raw almonds (Had these prepared in glass jar in kitchen so I could just reach for them quickly)

Lunch: 1 and 1/2 C low sodium minestrone soup (I used Bear Creek); 1 oz mozzarella with tomato (I used sliced baby cherry tomato's) and basil on 1/2 whole grain roll. (I used a slice of 100% whole wheat bread instead of a roll)
*Picture below - YUMMY!




Snack: 1 medium apple and 1 Tbsp natural peanut butter. ( I used Skippy's (new) natural no stir peanut butter)

*Quick stop next to Sushi place is Jamba Juice. I got a quick shot of wheat grass with a slice of an orange. I really love getting this on days that I skip my vitamins. It has a lot of healthy nutrients AND is a protector against skin cancer!

Also, I had a Starbucks hot cocoa and a brownie while waiting for sushi.

Dinner: 1 C miso soup, 1 tuna avocado roll; 1 C mixed greens with 2 TBSP low fat ginger dressing (I didn't have the salad), 3 or 4 pieces of salmon sashimi, all with low sodium soy sauce. (As for the salmon pieces, I had 3 pieces of salmon with rice not straight sashimi.) I also added wasabi to my low sodium soy sauce. I love spicy foods!

Snack: 6 oz fat free Greek yogurt with 1 tsp honey and 1 tbsp raisins. *Skipped because I was too full from dinner and splurges.

*Bottom line - I waited too long to eat dinner. So while waiting for sushi (it took EXTRA long tonight) I walked over to Starbucks next door and got the dessert and hot cocoa. And I didn't drink enough water or take my vitamins today. Living and learning......I'm not perfect and I am not getting down on myself. I am just learning what I need to work on and maybe I'll do a few extra crunches tonight!

No comments: