Thursday, June 7, 2007

Meals day 3 and 4

Wednesday zoomed right past me! Now it's Thursday!

I will update you on my meals from yesterday AND today! (This part is mainly for me to keep a record of what I eat, but also for any of you who are looking for healthy food ideas!)



(Again, I am attempting to follow the meal plan provided by Women's Health magazine......... but I write down EVERYTHING I eat...even if it's not on the meal plan)

Wednesday -

Breakfast - 1 C whole grain cereal ( I had Total) with 1/2 C skim milk(I had original soy milk) and 1/2 C strawberries

Snack - 15 baby carrots with 2 TBSP roasted red pepper hummus(YUM! Gave my usual boring baby carrots a nice change up!)

Lunch - 3 or 4 turkey meatballs(4oz) with 1/2 C marinara sauce and 2 TBSP grated parmesan; 2 C steamed brocoli and carrots(addition to mine were edamames and sugar snap peas that were included in the frozen veggie bag I bought)

Snack - 1 granola bar(I had a Kashi bar)

Dinner - Was suppossed to be: grilled chx with asparagus and brown rice - But, we were out in town again(Dan had a softball game) and ended up grabbing a quick bite. But, instead of grabbing the usal taco bell or hot dog....this time Dan and I both chose the healthier option! YAH for us! I had a chicken, honey mustard flatbread salad from Quiznos. Instead of soda or juice I had a Sobe Lean diet peach herbal tea. And also a tiny bag of baked Lays. So. I was really happy with my choice. I was SO tempted to grab the chicken Cabo club sandwich with guacamole. That used to be one of my biggest pregnancy cravings. But I chose the salad. I also remembered how many calories and fat grams that sandwich had from Weight Watchers. And I was so happy afterwards!!!!

Snack - was suppossed to be 3 C light popcorn - but ended up being - 1 serving of tostitos multi grain tortilla chips with homemade guacamole that had 2 avocados, lime juice, black pepper, and a tiny sprinkle of salt in it. I ate only enough for my chips.

- First, Dan handed me a fresca soda. I have really tried to cut out my soda because it has been upsetting my tummy. But, I figured sure since it was caffeine free and zero sugar, maybe it wouldn't upset my tummy. But, it did...now I am back on my no soda kick. >Then Dan said I really want a quesadilla. I said Oh yum that sounds good but I'm not really hungry. But, I said okay go ahead and make me one. (BAD MOVE LEAH) Even though the tortilla was small and was whole wheat and the cheese was low fat......I ate when I wasn't hungry. That's why I dissapointed myself. But, I have noticed that our snack options are way healthier these days! Baby steps......

Thursday - (For those of you following the Women's health magazine meal plan - I have switched day 4 and 5)

Breakfast - 1 whole grain english muffin(I used Thomas's light) with 1 TBSP natural peanut butter(I used Skippy's natural no stir peanut butter); 1 medium banana.

Snack - 20 grapes

Lunch - (Jack in the box drive thru)1 chicken fajita pita, 1 diet coke, 3 jalapenos poppers, 2 motzerella sticks, 3 french fry's, 1 piece of mini chicken. ( Diet coke upset my tummy-why can't I learn??? Pita sandwich was greasy at bottom. Poppers and cheese sticks did not settle well with me. Lesson learned - never eat jack in the box food when trying to eat healthy unless it's their salad.)

Snack - 1 string cheese, 1 serving (6 slices ) of smoked turkey breast.

Snack -about a handful of blueberries

Dinner - one word - pizza. Chose the healthier option and got a thin crust veggie. But I am still not thrilled with myself about eating "take in" tonight. We just eat out/delivery WAY too much. And that is not good for my heart. Read the next post and I will let you in on something Dan and I will be trying out, every time we eat out more than once a week.

Snack -about a handful of blueberries

No comments: