Saturday, June 9, 2007

Meals for Saturday

These meals are not a plan by Women's health. This weekend I am just trying to eat healthy and I am not following a plan. During the week, I will follow measured out and scheduled meals. The weekend is the time for me to learn to eat healthier on my own. Of course some meals that I eat on the weekend are ideas from Women's Health.

Saturday:

Breakfast - soy milk, total cereal, cut up strawberries, 16 oz of water, pack of GNC multi vitamins women's energy pack

Snack - 3 wasa multi grain crackers spread with roasted red pepper hummus

Snack - 10 baby carrots

Snack - 1 scoop of EAS whey protein mixed with 8 oz of soy milk. Dan suggested drinking this protein shake. It taste just like chocolate milk!!!! It is really great to take after working out. It helps your re-build your muscles quicker. Because, when you work out you naturally tear your muscles. So this was a great little shake! We had a special 1 day pass coupon for Sam's club. We bought a big bag of it for only $20.00.



Dinner - water with cut up lemons, 4 oz grilled salmon marinated in 2 TBSP balsamic vinegar and 1 tsp honey; 2 C steamed spinach; 1 small sweet baked potato (I added a TEENY small amount of light butter, light sour cream, chopped up chives, and black pepper.) The salmon had ZERO hint of a fishy taste. YUM! Very filling!

Nightime snack with movie -
Cottage Cheese with cinnamon and raisins. It tasted very similiar to rice pudding! I also had whole wheat ritz crackers with light laughing cow cheese, and a glass of sugar free hot cocoa

No comments: