Saturday, June 9, 2007

Saturday is a work out and a half day

Just call Saturday the pump me up and work out day! I woke up after sleeping in. (THANK YOU DAN!) I ate my healthy breakfast, drank some water, took my vitamins. Then a little bit later Dan, Ben, and I headed to the gym. (Dan works on a base that has a private gym. No one works out there after work hours. So we are able to bring Ben and still get a great work out together. ) So the following is what my great work out consisted of. This is above and beyond my normal day of working out. But do you remember all that take out we had this week?????? And plus I had only worked out once this week. So I really felt great after doing the following:

* 10 min warm up on stationary bike

* 35 minutes on treadmill - walked most of time at 3.5 setting speed. Also did 1 minute straight intervals of jogging at 5.0 speed setting. First 15 minutes and middle 10 minutes I had the incline set to 2.0 - 3.0 going up hill.

*Women's health lower body workout #1
Love your lower half
Four do-it-at-home moves for a four-star posterior

*Women's health upper body work out #1
The easy toned arms plan (level 1)
Press, pull, and curl your way into a sleeker upper body

So as you can imagine I am WAY sore from that work out!!! Believe it or not, but tonight I am going to try and squeeze in an ab work out. Wish me luck!

_________________________________________________________________
EDIT - I DID IT! I JUST FINISHED ....................
CORE WORKOUT 2 - THE FLAT ABS PLAN (LEVEL 1)A
Now I am going to do a REALLY great stretch. My body is screaming for a good stretch!

3 comments:

Miss Megan said...

OK you really need to link this page up to your blog! Don't be ashamed! I just keep forgetting to check it...

Englishfam said...

Ok you really are crazy!! That is a kick butt workout. Good for you. I started my training today. I ran 3.4 miles (well warmed up for 2 min and cooled down for 5 so you do the math) but it wasn't as bad as I thought. I hope tomorrow is the same! Only 2 mile run tomorrow. I need it since I ate an entire symphony candybar yesterday at my relief society presidency meeting! Chocolate is the devil, as is my period!! haha

Anonymous said...

Hey workout queen!
I now check your blog before I go to workout so I don't talk myself out of it by thinking there are other things I could do instead. Like wash dishes. They'll wait! Thanks for the inspiration!