Monday, June 4, 2007

Meals of 6-4-07

Breakfast: 1/2 C steel cut oatmeal(I used packet of weight control oatmeal) with 1/4 C skim milk, 1 C mixed berries(I used chopped up strawberries with grapes), and 1 TBSP chopped pecans(I already had chopped pecans in a glass jar in the kitchen for easy access.)

Snack: 1/2 cup of cottage cheese sprinkled with cinnamon. Looks gross but it taste great!



Lunch: 4 oz grilled chx, 3 C of mixed greens, 1/4 C sliced avocado, 1/2 C sliced orange with 2 tsp olive oil and 1 TBSP lemon juice. (EDIT: I bought a rotisserie chicken and picked chicken off of it. Also to save time just use canned chx. I will probably do that next time. Mixed greens is bag of baby romaine salad.)

Snack: 3/4 C edamame (in shells)(These can be found at Sams Club in the frozen section. They are just soy beans. And I did not eat the outside shells.......yuck!
Dinner: 4 oz grilled salmon marinated in in 2 TBSP balsamic vinegar and 1 TSp honey: 2 C steamed spinach; 1 small baked sweet potato. EDIT: This was my planned dinner meal. But, I goofed and had unhealthy take out. That's okay though....one day at a time...or for me...one meal at a time.
Snack: 1 C low-sugar hot cocoa (like swiss miss) EDIT: I was going to skip this since I ate take out so late. So I did skip it, but ended up having Frozen yogurt instead. Dan offered it to me. It didn't even taste good. I was way full but had this idea in my head, well since I ate take out.....I have got to lose that way of thinking! Live and learn!

1 comment:

HeaddaMarie said...

I LOVE EDAMAME!! I am a sushi lover and every time we go we get edamame! I don't eat the outer shells either. My son also loves them! I should start buying them more often...that would be a fabulous snack!