Friday, June 8, 2007

When I eat take out more than once a week.......

Okay, so I have realized that this is my biggest downfall. Eating out and delivery way too much is adding up the fat grams way too fast. And I need to not only think of my heart, but also Dan's heart and Benjamin's over all health.

Ben does not eat the same food as me. That's the kicker. I make sure he eats healthy. But once he goes to bed, Dan and I splurge. We kind of have a party every night he goes to bed. And to celebrate, we use food. This is also a downfall as we are trying to save money and pay off bills. Take out is not only un-healthy but also very expensive when you add it up. This is one reason on January 1, 2007, I made a new years resolution to only eat out once a week. Well, since I can't seem to stop that right away, Dan and I have come up with another solution.

Here it is - When I eat take out more than once a week, then for every additional take out- I have to do an extra work out. So if you are following along.....I have a few workouts to do over the weekend. And I like this idea. I think as I am working out, it will give me time to think about preparing dinners ahead of time in case our life gets extra busy at night. (Like it has been this week!)

2 comments:

Elaine said...

Leah, that sounds like a great idea. Maybe it will make you think twice about eating out if you know that you'll have to do something to make up for it. I also want to mention something that I read about trans fats. Evidently, they leave a person feeling unsatisfied, so you'll actually eat more than if you were eating other types of fats. Also, high fructose corn syrup is really bad. Studies have shown a direct correlation between the increased use of high fructose corn syrup and the increased rate of obesity and diabetes. So avoid those soda's! ...and one last thing, don't feel too bad about that quesadilla you ate the other night. It sounds like it was a pretty healthy snack, and you shouldn't be too hard on yourself. Keep up the good work!

Englishfam said...

It really is so hard to not eat out! It takes a lot of effort to plan and have on hand everything you need to eat healthier!I like to make a meal plan for the week and get out my calendar and see what nights we have something so I can prepare accordingly. I don't always stick perfectly to the menu but it is nice to have a list of things for meals when you go to the grocery store. I also agree about how you want your kids to eat healthy and then you think, "I am supposed to be able to take care of them, why am I not making myself eat this way?" I feel your pain sista! You are doing great, keep it up. I like the extra workout idea!