Monday, February 11, 2008

First meeting with trainer

What a great way to end my day. I just had my first meeting with a trainer at the gym. Not only will I get help with working out, but I will also get help with what food to eat and how much. I couldn't have received a better Hearts day present from my hubby!! Thank you Thank you Dan!
Also something great is that the trainer, is letting Dan train for free with me until he deploys. Super nice huh?!?!

Here are a few things that I learned.

  • When eating use palm of hand portion sizes. Eat 4-6 times a day. Combine carb and protein with each meal. Include good fats with your meal. Avoid saturated fats.
  • I was given a master food list of suggested foods. I will copy the list to the puter for you all to see. It also had a list of fats to avoid. Included in that list was butter, mayo, fried foods, and whole fat dairy products.
  • Water Intake - drink 1 to 1 and a 1/2 gallons of water a day. More if consuming caffeine or diuretic products.
  • Stay focused

Fats allowed:

Avocado, Sunflower seeds, Pumpkin seeds, cold water fish, natural peanut butter, low fat cheese, low fat salad dressings, low sodium nuts, olives, olive oil, canola oil, sunflower oil, flaxseed oil.

****So this work out and meeting with the trainer totally got me motivated to really get going...FOR REALS! And Dan is totally on board with me. So Dan decided that he is going to try and go 400 days without soda or caffeine. That is the length of his deployment. I said that I was going to join him on that. Especially since recently soda has really been bothering my stomach. And I also read a new study put out today that said, diet sodas were actually making people fatter!!! Agh! I am also kicking sugar for right now. I have been eating WAY too much sugar recently. So we will see how it goes!!

******So it's for real people...here I am your motivator.....ask me any questions and I will ask my trainer for ya!!! And for those of you that needed a kick in the pants...consider this your kick!

No comments: