Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Learn something new every day

Yesterday that something new was told to me by my trainer. This was very informative to me. Did you all know this?


Target Heart Rate -

(I did know this) If you stay below it while working out you might as well be sitting at home on the couch. Your body is not getting a true work out unless you hit your target heart rate.

(I did not know this) If you stay above your target heart rate for most of the work out, then you are burning off water not fat and defeating the whole purpose of working out! You are dehydrating yourself. WOW! And the whole purpose is to build muscle. Because, every pound of muscle gained helps burn fat quicker.

So for instance people that run marathons and are very skinny but still have loose skin...well this is the reason. So, I am going to really work on staying in my target heart rate!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm with you Leah. Good Luck, let's try and lose together. I need to lose post-baby weight and get back to the point where I can run a mile without keeling over..., maybe I'll use all your food recommendations since that is my major downfall... I've given up french fries for lent because they're the biggest sacrifice for me lol :-) Luv YA!