Tuesday, December 30, 2008

YAH ME!

I did it. I made it to the gym today! And I got to use my Christmas present! THANK YOU DAN!
I forgot how much music helps me to continue going even when I want to quit. I love my IPOD. And I love my Nike+ IPOD. It counted my calories burned and distance completed. I only did .42 miles on the elliptical/treadmill in a 30 minute time with 82 calories burned. But, I figure it was my first day back. And the fact is you have to start somewhere. I followed the advice of many and have decided to start back slow with working out. I am logging and syncing my IPOD on http://www.nikeplus.com/ if anyone would like to join me. You can create your own goals and challenges!

The biggest "YAH ME" moment? After the gym, I headed to the grocery store to grab milk and something for dinner. I put a frozen pizza in my cart. I told myself it was my last splurge before starting up with Biggest Loser eating program tomorrow. Then at the check out, I told the lady who was ringing me up that it was a go back. I ended up grabbing a rotisserie chicken, bag of romaine lettuce, cherry tomatoes, and loaf of fresh bread. I made a chicken salad with a slice of bread. YAH ME!

PS - Got an extra work out in with shoveling the snow in the drive way!

No comments: