Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Week 4

So I am in week 4 of my program. My main goal is to become a healthier person and example to my family. Dan and I are both doing this together. And as nice as it is to drop weight. Let me tell you how good it feels, to drop points in my cholesterol!

Back about a month and a half ago, I decided to be pro active and get a physical with my DR. I had all my numbers ran. BP, weight, blood sugar levels, and cholesterol. Everything was great.....except that my main cholesterol number was borderline high! EEK! My DR suggested that I take fish oil supplements, and eat a high fiber/low fat diet. And guess what's included in this program?? All that! And guess what? After having the stroke, I had blood tests. One of the numbers was my cholesterol. And it was down 36 points!!!!! Just in a month and a half.

So last week, I kept it mellow. I got back to the gym after a crazy week 2 and recuperation. And, I kept it mellow. At the end of the week, I was down another pound, and some more inches lost all over my body!

So now I am in week 4. I am doing the best I can. I am so proud of myself. And I am so proud of Dan. We are truly changing our lives for the better right now. And it feels great. :O)

No comments: