Friday, September 25, 2009

What works and What does not

Things to work on next week (week 6) -
Getting to bed earlier and waking up earlier
Drinking most of my water earlier in the day
Remembering to take Glutamine after work out and before bed time
Take it easy and do not over do it with working out(until DR gives okay)
Have food made ahead of time
Next time I go on a mini vaca -
Weigh in day will be Friday prior to leaving as opposed to usual Sunday.
Pick 1 treat for the weekend. Incorporate it with healthy food.
Lose the all or nothing attitude!

Last weekend my hubby, 2 boys, and I went on a camping trip with a few people from our church. I was feeling really great about myself. I was wearing clothes that were fitting loosely. My track suit that Dan got me as a anniversary present was quite flattering.

My mistake was going to Costco the day before we left and getting "campy food". Tried to keep it healthy, but still got off track. Trail mix with m/m's, beef jerky, Costco cookies, gummy bears, items to make Smores. I didn't go crazy when camping. I had 1 smore. A few handfuls of trail mix and gummy bears. The cookies were the biggest mistake. They are my weakness. When returning home I ate like 4 in 1 day! Awful!

Dan and I went into the weekend with the mind set that we would not be following the meal plan on the weekend. So when returning from camping Saturday night, I was in the mind set that we were not doing the meal plan that weekend......so we could order pizza. Naughty me! :) We felt totally gross after eating the pizza. Sunday we were so ready to make a healthy dinner. And we were SO very ready to get back on the plan Monday. And I am proud to say we did. Yah us! We also got a new scale. It reads Body Fat percentage, weight, and H2O. And as of today, I am now officially down - 11.8 pounds in 5 weeks! That is totally a healthy loss ratio.

On Tuesday when working out, I was having chest pains. I was also having chest pains on the drive up to the mountains last Friday. I have a DR appt on Monday. And a neurologist appt on the Monday after that. I am trying to really follow the food plan. But I am not focusing on the exercise until I figure out what is going on with my body. I still do not know the reason for having the stroke a month back. Hopefully I will find something out soon.

No comments: